Royal Navy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Navy

Pirates Of The Burning Sea

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crafting Companies (idea for organization)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius Walker

Darius Walker

Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Empty
PostSubject: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Ahoy mates, Captain Darius Walker speaking. I have a proposition for you all; an idea of organized ship production lines. Two people could alone make ships, but that is a thin stretch. It would take 3 or 4 people to successfully make ships on an everyday/week basis. To ensure this, organization is key. My idea compiles of a few different parts.

* First, a structure list must be compiled based on all types of ships being made. Structures required to make small,medium,large ships should be used first. (I myself will spend a few moments to look up a list of production lines and then I will post it)

** Second, Once the structure list is compiled, figure out what the necessary materials are needed for one recipe of ship, whether it is small, medium, or large. Once that list is compiled, find out what structure makes what and so on. (I will try to do this too, the flow chart on the other forums works great, but a list would be more efficient)

*** Third, This is the most important. Just like how when we went hunting, different squadrons were formed with 3-6 people. Well crafting can use the same concept. Since the society is getting bigger, and things are quite random and hectic, organization is needed so you dont have 10 or more people offering to give/provide one item towards production. My idea is to come up with crafting COMPANIES(or squadrons what every you would like to call them) within the society.

- Each company would consist of 3-6 people or more and they would be assigned one specific type of ship or size of ship like small or medium sized ships.

A top of each company would be a "Manager" or whatever name you would like to give that person who would organize and tell each member what to get/make/collect.

Each company would receive the list of structures/materials for their corresponding ship size.

Then the leader would divide the structures up in random and assign a certain number to each member.

This way instead of asking everyone else in the society for "Iron" for example, they would only have to ask their company members so it makes things more organized.

To still remain part of the society, a percentage of ships made would go to society, and some to AH so they can still make a profit.

Say the company produces 5 ships within the week. 3 would go to society's fleet, and the other 2 up for sale on the AH so the members can make some type of profit in order to keep making ships.

Please, post your thoughts and opinions. I will try to compile a list as best I can. I really would like to see this work or something similar to it...

P.S. Can an admin stiky this?
Back to top Go down
andyhill

andyhill

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:41 am

I agree with this idea ive been producing oak and limestone but nobody seems to want any although did offload the stone in house Smile
Back to top Go down
Darius Walker

Darius Walker

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Anyone else have ideas? This idea does work, i've seen it in other mmo's and it keeps everything nice and tidy Razz.
But i need feed back from you all because you are a different set of people then i have worked with before.
Back to top Go down
Will Collister

Will Collister

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Captain Walker, I think it is a thoroughly good idea! Any form of ship production needs organisation! I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
Captain George Cowell

Captain George Cowell

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:19 am

The only amendment I would make is that those ships to society members go at cost price - those to AH at mark up. Giving ships to members would rapidly bankrupt the society production lines
Back to top Go down
xaoz

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:43 am

This is Hazal Bratby..... Allright I would like to make ships and sails I am new to this part last time I played I was a pirate and did not crafting but I love to craft.....
I plan on makeing more ft on this account for stuff too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafting Companies (idea for organization)   Crafting Companies (idea for organization) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafting Companies (idea for organization)
Page 1 of 1