Royal Navy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Navy

Pirates Of The Burning Sea

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The RL woes of Captain Hamilton

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Perseus Hamilton

Captain Perseus Hamilton

The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Empty
PostSubject: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:32 am

I think Im about be 'let go' by the company, chaps.

They are downsizing left and right.

And now i have a meeting with HR.

Im a bit....worried.

Want to be back on the H.M.S Honourable blasting pie rats Sad
Back to top Go down
Captain Perseus Hamilton

Captain Perseus Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:40 am

Yup. Working out the month and then bye bye Roo.

Does anyone out there need a Personal Assistant?
Back to top Go down
Richard Dawson

Richard Dawson

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:11 am

I feel your pain Pers. I was working for Cable & Wireless when it was taken over by NTL back in October 2000. We were told in January 2001 that as engineers our jobs were safe and the only losses would come from the administration side of the business. Then in April we was ordered to drive down to Lancing for a meeting. Out of the 30 plus engineers only 3 were kept on from our department (I wasn't 1 of them). The work which we was doing was then contracted out to cowboys (and I'm being kind believe me!) and for nigh on 5 years the service went rapidly down the crapper.
When people tell me how bad their NTL cable service is, I always tell them that story and ask them is it any wonder?
Back to top Go down
Captain Perseus Hamilton

Captain Perseus Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 am

Wow thats familiar...takeover, massive changes, a company renouned for its quality and service going down the crapper.

It was pretty depressing when I didnt know what was happening.

Now it feels depressing and slightly pointless.
Back to top Go down
Richard Dawson

Richard Dawson

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:50 am

What makes me laugh (or cry) is the fact that NTL was allowed to takeover Cable & Wireless and sponsor several football teams in the 1st place despite having debts of over 6 billion pounds (I think by the time of the Virgin Media takeover the final figure was 9 billion pounds +)!
Cable & Wireless was a great company to work for. The in-house engineers (like myself) were almost exclusively used as quality control checkers over the contractors, if we didn't like what we saw the contractors were not paid until the job was right. After NTL took over all the in house engineers were put onto installations. With nobody to keep an eye on the contractors, the quality of work dropped rapidly and the amount of faults rose accordingly. And yet nobody in management seemed none the wiser or even cared as the amount of new customers were going up.
Back to top Go down
Captain Perseus Hamilton

Captain Perseus Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:39 am

Im only 23, but If ive learnt anything from my experiences it is that Upper Management have NO idea what is happening at the levels in the company where things get 'done'.

Ivory tower bastards.
Back to top Go down
Lockhart

Lockhart

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 am

Change is part of life, I feel sorry for you and I wish I could be of aid, sadly I doubt.

But see this through the positive side, if they do not know how to appreciate your skills, perhaps its better for you to go somewhere where you feel welcomed and appreciated.
Change is part of life, it will always happen, you can get worried and mourn or you can accept and change to better, friends will be here to give you some support if ever needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Beaufort

Beaufort

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:47 am

It's becoming worse...

Somehow I think that those money greedy basterds, who earn too much for their doings, have lost contact to reality completely.

The most high management guys I know living on pure theories... they have no idea how things are done but want to tell you how to do them. Of course it goes downfall...

As long as they are paid those sums only to babble around (very skilled sometimes)... and other people still believes them, all is going fine.

But one day, I fear, our society will wake up and notice that those egoists have got their bags full with money of other people and vanished... without leaving anything of value behind.

Ah and yes... I am pretty bitter and sarcastic when it comes to our modern business behaviour axe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The RL woes of Captain Hamilton   The RL woes of Captain Hamilton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The RL woes of Captain Hamilton
Page 1 of 1