Royal Navy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Navy

Pirates Of The Burning Sea

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy Eliblo

Andy Eliblo

Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Empty
PostSubject: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:43 pm

I was lucky enough to get selected to enter the port battle tonight.

It was a full 24 vs 24 battle and the Spanish decided to avoid a sea battle and instead wait inside their town. The British all jumped on East London Empires Ventrillo server and that was divided into groups for ease of communication (tip: if you ever want to participate in a port battle you WILL need to be able to connect to ventrillo, even if you dont have a mic).

We formed 2 lines (each containing 3 groups of 6 ships) and the lines split up to take out the objectives on either sides of the map to allow us to enter the main port (where the dirty Spaniards were **spit**). We took out the objectives and then all waited outside the port for the countdown to run down, allowing us to enter for the melee battle.

Once inside the port we ran at the Spanish and gradualy managed to force them to the back of the town whilst completing the objectives, they took heavy casualties.

Screenshots:

The begining of the battle (Everyones sails werent colour co-ordinated at this point):
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 018

The lines are formed and we split to take out the objectives, I was part of blue squadron and followed the line of Nathaniel Piper of society Coalescence whilst discussing on ventrillo:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 019

Traveling in a line, different angle:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 020

View of formation from map:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 021

Waiting outside the port for the timer to run down:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 022

Landing at the docks (we werent ganked at loading, which was nice) Pistols were fired and the Brits rushed in:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 023

Taking out some NPC's:
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 024

Taking out the lieutenant (one of the objectives):
Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 025

We won, and I must say I enjoyed the avatar battle much more than I was expecting. The Spanish wont be trying this tactic again too soon so we can expect a sea battle next.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fletcher
Admin
Admin
Fletcher

PostSubject: Re: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Very Good write up mate...Welldone m8 and thank you everyone for keeping the presure on pos..

Fletcher
Back to top Go down
https://royalnavy.forumotion.com
Lockhart

Lockhart

PostSubject: Re: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:23 am

Indeed great work Admiral Eliblo, a great feat has been accomplished, soon more cities shall join the British!

Good work once again!

"May the wind be with you!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Will Collister

Will Collister

PostSubject: Re: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:52 am

Huzzah! Bloody good show old chap!
Back to top Go down
Abraxus

Abraxus

PostSubject: Re: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:40 am

I had a read of this one the Jea forums buddy and well played is all I can say...

Now get me back Belize Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1   Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Port Battle, Port of Spain, 25/1
Page 1 of 1