Royal Navy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Navy

Pirates Of The Burning Sea

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Squadron Debut 17/1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andy Eliblo

Andy Eliblo

Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Empty
PostSubject: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Royal Navy Fleet:

Admiral Eliblo
Vice Admiral Walker
Captain Lockhart
Captain Paine
Captain Hawkmoon
Captain Bender of British Fith Fleet

French Fleet:

Six Postillionen Frigates captained by the 'les Enfants du Roy' Society

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After witnessing many British fleets being sunk by these French captains I took it upon myself to assemble the blue squadron and try and force them from our waters. Myself, Vice Admiral Darius Walker, Captain Isa Paine and Captain Rachel Lockhart formed up outside the port of Bartica, knowing we were too few in numbers I sent out a call to any fellow britons willing to fight. Captain Cornelius Hawkmoon and Captian Leonard Bender were willing to fight.

We headed to Georgetown to enable PvP and then set sail to engage the French fleet. In the first encounter we were all seperated badly upon entering battle whereas the French were ina very effective line, it was lucky that we were able to reform and and see off the french into a retreat without either side taking any losses.

In the second encounter we entered battle slightly closer but still scattered, the French as usual were very organised and were in an effective line once more. The first casualty was Captain Leonard Bender who was sank almost immediately due to lag. We managed to get a line of sorts going, and hit the french lowering 2 of their frigates to their hulls however while the 2 lines were blasting each other, the whole French line was focusing on myself and I was sunk. The French line then turned exposing prestine armour and it was all over, they demasted Captain Paine, sank Captian Lockhart and chased down Vice Admiral Walker. Only Captain Hawkmoon managed to escape with his ship still in tact.

Summary:

A great first attempt at pvp, I know that at least myself and Captain Lockhart had not participated in pvp in a group before. We have learnt the importance of keeping a strict line (groups will be essembled over the weekend to practise line formations against NPC's), having the whole line focus on one target and the massive advantage of where you start the battle (when zoning in from open sea).

Thank you to those brave enough to fight and sink at my side. Blue Squadrons debut wasnt victorius, but we did take on a tough foe head on and gave it a good go!

Just the one poor quality screenshot im afriad:

Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 015
Back to top Go down
Will Collister

Will Collister

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Ah, Admiral Eliblo, my condolences!

Sounds like a mixture of poor luck and meeting more experienced enemy. Damned sorry to hear about our losses. But, as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Shame I wasn't on, I would have liked to engage as well, having not taken part in any PvP myself yet.

I hope you manage to replace what losses to your ships you took and that we soon will be able to sail against the enemy once more.
Back to top Go down
Andy Eliblo

Andy Eliblo

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm

The monitary loss doesnt hurt as much as being sunk by the French. They are still outside Bartica now, no British fleet has managed to defeat them.
Back to top Go down
Darius Walker

Darius Walker

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Aye, its not the amount lost, its the fact that we lost to FRENCHIES Razz At one point they turned and ran like true frogs! Underestimation and lack of coordination was probably the main reasons why we lost. Such is life.

Till then
-Darius Walker
Back to top Go down
Lockhart

Lockhart

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:54 am

Will Collister wrote:
Ah, Admiral Eliblo, my condolences!

Sounds like a mixture of poor luck and meeting more experienced enemy. Damned sorry to hear about our losses. But, as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

With all respect, I must disagree Admiral, under my opinion it had nothing to do with luck, we completely failed and we understand that.

In battle organization is all, our enemy were coordinated surely using VENT/TS alongside they had a solid and active tactic, we on the other hand had several players who despite their experience on the subject were still starting the understanding of PotBS PvP, we lacked coordination and so several of our members gave orders, I to assume I did that mistake myself. Alongside I find that we need both teamwork practice and time to work in such ways.

Has you can see, it was not a matter of luck simply because our fates were already set the moment we entered it by our lack of experience and coordination.

We need Hunt teams to be more solid and we must enforce the use of VOICE-CHAT for this, also this ranking system is quite nice but truth is, just like in life one's mans rank means nothing in the battlefield, we must find and train active Unit Leaders, people who have experience in the area of team leading, who are not shy and above all, who can adapt and think in the hard heat of the battle moment.

If any of the Society Leaders believe that they have what it takes to lead an active PvP unit great, else we has a society should consider that not everyone is perfect and attempt to find one who could fill that gap.

None the less, I find it quite funny and interesting the battle of Belize, we learned much specially about how my own personal class works in PvP (Must I say its quite different).

Everyone did what they believed it was right on the heat of the battle, I praise them for trying and for both failing/succeeding, we learned a lesson and that my fellow Captains, is all I could ever ask. Wining sometimes means nothing but the loss of something more important, we stood up and defended the Port with all our might, we failed but we were the few who ever tried.

Captains, I tip my hat of. May we try again and fail more so we can learn more, soon our enemies will know us by name and then they will be sunk one by one has a full revenge.

Therefore is no need to give us our condolences Admiral pirat , we fought with pride and we failed not by lack of commitment but by lack of practice, Our morale stands higher then ever and all of the enemies of the Royal Navy will feel the taste of salt water upon them soon enough.

Has a great man once said, Fear not those who can brag, fear those who hold back. (And in this case, thats us!)

Fear not being sunk, fear being sunk AND learning NOTHING with it! Razz

Naval Officer, Cap. Lockhart of the HMS Terminus
On the 17th of January of 1720. Wink
Back to top Go down
Will Collister

Will Collister

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Captain Lockhart, not being there, I will not question your assessment of the battle.

But, I will say that those leaders you speak of are known as the Admirals and Vice Admirals and that they will in time be changed and revised until we are left with the best leaders of the society as Admirals.

The Naval rank is meant to be a sign of prowess in combat. And so, the current system will suffice, and Captains ought follow orders from Admirals in combat.

All we need is experience, and practice in PvE. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lockhart

Lockhart

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:32 pm

I believe that leading a society is quite time consuming, I did not meant that any of the leaders are bad at PvP, that is far from truth.

I believe in sharing tasks and that is what I meant, I like our leaders, they are funny and they are mature.

Please don't take my words the wrong way, I did not meant them has such.
Back to top Go down
Will Collister

Will Collister

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Captain Lockhart,

Don't worry! I, for one, didn't take anything personally, I simply meant that the ranks in place now have the same goal as your Unit leader ranks would have, so essentially we both want the same thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Squadron Debut 17/1   Blue Squadron Debut 17/1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Squadron Debut 17/1
Page 1 of 1